Home Visit Wills
A Will allows you to decide and put in writing who receives what from your estate. With a home Will writing service, one of our consultants will come to your residence to discuss your exact wishes for your Will.
A tailored Will ensures that your specific needs and choices are catered for. These can include who your executors are, who you want your beneficiaries to be and what your wishes are for your funeral. Our qualified consultants can assist with this by providing expert advice and making sure that your Will fully and accurately reflects your instructions.
A Will Ensures that:
- Somebody you trust is appointed to manage your estate
- Any young children are looked after by guardians you know and trust
- Your home is protected against potential creditors
- Your family and loved ones receive as much of your estate as possible
- You have total peace of mind in the knowledge that your final wishes are in order and your loved ones are cared for
For a Will to be legally valid, as the law stands you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Make it voluntarily
- Be of sound mind
- Make it in writing
- Sign it in the presence of two witnesses who are both over 18
- Have it signed by your two witnesses, in your presence
- Not leave your witnesses (or their spouses) anything in your Will
What is a Home Visit?
The most popular of the Will writing services we offer at Just Wills & Legal Services is a Home Visit.
This means that a consultant will come and visit you at a time to suit you during the day or evening at your home. You can of course take advantage of a free no obligation 20 minute video or phone call beforehand so that you can be prepared with questions and answers for him or her.
Our consultant will discuss with you and ask questions about your personal circumstances and your family. The types of things they will want to know are:
- What kind of assets you have and how many. Assets can include property, money and other possessions.
- Who you want to be the executors of your Will. The executors will collect your assets and give them to the people you have named as beneficiaries in accordance with the instructions of your Will.
- Who you want to be the beneficiaries of your Will. Beneficiaries are the people who will receive your assets and can be family members, friends or institutions such as charities. You should think about who you want to receive which of your assets.
The consultant will then give you advice on how best to organise your Will and once they are sure that they are clear what your wishes are, they will take your instructions. These will then be transmitted to our Head Office where your Will is prepared.
Once the Will has been finalised, you will have another meeting to go over it and to execute it and have it witnessed. Your Just Wills & Legal Services Consultant can act as one of your witnesses should you so wish.
We are able to store your Will and other important documents for you in a secure storage facility.
Measures we take to ensure our Home Visits are Covid-secure
When you invite our Consultants into your home, your safety and wellbeing are of the highest importance to us. We comply with the Government guidance when conducting Home Visits, which may vary depending on where you live and when your appointment is planned to take place.
We also follow further safety recommendations provided by the Society of Willwriters (of which we are an active member).
When a Consultant visits your home, they will:
- Not have had any symptoms within the past 7 days
- Not have knowingly been in contact with anyone who has expressed Covid symptoms within the past 7 days
- Follow social distance guidelines (remembered as ‘Hands, Face, Space’)
- Wear a mask during the meeting • Sanitise hands before and after and sanitise any writing materials
- Pay particular attention to clients who are classed as vulnerable
The health of our consultants is also of great importance to us, and will not enter your home if you (or anyone in your household) is displaying symptoms of Covid-19 at the time of your appointment, or has within the past 7 days.
Should you or any members of your household develop any Covid-19 symptoms, (or have been in contact with anyone in the past 7 days who has), please do not proceed with your Home Visit appointment. Instead, we recommending contacting your consultant or a member of our team, who will be happy to arrange a new appointment or schedule a Video Consultation.
When should I draw up a Will?
Whichever kind of Will you choose, don’t delay. The sooner you draw up your Will the better. You do not have to wait until you are older or unwell. Having a Will in place will help you feel confident that your wishes will be carried out after you die and will save you and your family members emotional uncertainty in the long run.
View our other Will Writing services
A standard Will may be enough to take care of your wishes and can be completed without the need for a consultation. Our online DIY Wills ensure that your Will is tailored to meet your exact needs and wishes.
Our FREE 20 minute video consultations help you decide what the best course of action is for you. Speak to an expert at a time to suit you to discuss your circumstances and how we can help.
Get in touch
Book your free 20 minute consultation with an expert either by video or phone call now